Residential painters usually paint smaller buildings and the scope of their work is quite limited. Commercial painting companies in Concord, on the other hand, paint much bigger structures and the scope of their job is more expansive.
In residential painting, the task can be done by one or a couple of painters. Depending on the size of the project, it can be finished within their eight-hour work day. But in commercial painting, on the other hand, more than a painter is needed to finish large commercial and government complexes and high skyscrapers within their defined timeframe. It goes without saying that the cost of commercial painting is higher than that of a residential painting.
The only thing in common between residential and commercial painters is that they both do exterior and interior painting. And like their residential counterparts, commercial painters take every precaution to ensure that their clients get the expected finished results on their private commercial and public establishments.
But that’s where the similarity ends. From there, the differences are remarkable between residential and commercial painters – the scope of the work, the number of workers, the paints and tools used, and the timeframe, among many others.
In interior painting, commercial painters mostly have knowledge or experience in architecture or interior design. They just don’t apply paint on interior walls – they paint the colors that are suitable for the function of every space. These colors are applied sensibly to promote productivity for the workers (in case of office spaces), or to enhance positive experiences for their clients. For instance:
- Red – it helps in increasing the heart rate and blood pressure and encourages alertness and stimulation. It is ideal as an accent color for office spaces where people work on night shifts (such as call centers), to keep them awake. Red also whets the appetite – as you can see, most restaurants and fast-food joints are usually painted red (with other accents like yellow and white).
- Blue – it calms the nerves and encourages trust and good communication among colleagues, making it ideal for conference rooms. It also promotes relaxation and good sleep, that’s why it’s also popular for spas and hotel suites.
- Green – It helps in reducing anxiety, fosters creativity and encourages smooth workflow – ideal for office spaces with lots of computers.
- Yellow and orange – they are both “energy” colors as they help in stimulating one’s senses and give off a positive vibe. But too much of them can be harsh on the eyes, that’s why they’re mostly used as accent colors for office and commercial spaces. The vivid nature of these colors can be mitigated by a touch of gray or white.
- White – a default choice, this is obviously the most versatile color. It is also the most practical and economical choice for painting the interiors. It can be used for office spaces, commercial spaces, clinics and hospitals, schools, government buildings, factories and many other facilities.
For exterior painting, white is also the default color choice because it reflects sunlight, making it an ideal color, particularly in hotter climates.
Paints for exterior surfaces in commercial painting may be different, as they may be formulated to become more durable to withstand many elements that include heat, moisture, pollution, as well as regular brushing and cleaning.
Unlike residential painters, commercial painters may have experience in other tasks such as wet and dry blasting as part of surface preparation. In painting high-rise complexes, they would usually mount on tall scaffoldings or cranes.
Several commercial painters use a different method of applying paint, apart from brushing, rolling and spraying. It is called powder coating, where a dry paint is used and cured by heat. Many businesses prefer this painting method as it dries faster and more evenly, and does not emit harmful chemical vapors like traditional paints.
The appearance of a business or commercial establishment truly reflects the image of the company. If the interiors look outdated and dilapidated while the exteriors have fading paint, clients would surely think twice in patronizing their business.
It’s important for a lot of businesses to march with the times, not just on their business vision and model, but also on the physical appearance of their commercial spaces. Let commercial painting companies in Concord update the look of your business space, and make it look more presentable, professional and welcoming to clients and people in the business sector.