Stucco is a cement-type mixture made of Portland cement, lime, sand, and water, and then applied on the surface as a finish. It adds character, charm, as well as protection to any home or commercial building in Concord, CA due to its texture.
While it looks premium when applied, stucco is actually a cost-effective finish to protect and enhance your home. If you have a home decorated and protected by stucco, it is important to maintain its integrity and aesthetic value. This includes occasional repairs and paint. While stucco is breathable, it is otherwise water-absorbent. A crack or any imperfection in your stucco will allow water to seep in, leading to various sorts of damage. For stucco repairs and paint, hiring professional painters in Concord, CA, who can provide quality commercial stucco repair and paint services that rival new stucco installation’s benefits is better.
Understanding stucco in residential homes
Stucco is one of the oldest finishes still very much in use today, especially among residential properties. Many people believe that stucco owes its popularity to ease of creation and application, versatility, cost-effectiveness, and low maintenance, among other benefits.
- Aesthetics – Stucco offers a visually appealing texture that adds character and allure to commercial buildings.
- Insulation – Stucco has inherent insulation properties that make it a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way of regulating your home’s temperature. This means you’ll be paying less for heating and cooling your home throughout the year.
- Resistance to noise – Stucco’s porous texture enables it to absorb sound waves that prevent it from bouncing off walls and creating echoes, reducing the overall noise in a room. This makes stucco an excellent insulator against noise.
- Resistance to fire – Stucco is inherently fire-resistant, providing an added layer of protection against fire in homes.
- Low maintenance – Properly applied stucco is durable that stands the test of time. It requires less maintenance compared to other siding materials.
- Versatility – Stucco can be applied over any surface, including masonry, concrete walls, brick, and wood. It can be customizable, meaning there are no limits when it comes to texture and color options.
- Increased value to your property – With its aesthetic and protective properties, homes with stucco finish can potentially increase their market value, making them attractive to potential buyers.
Signs your stucco needs attention
Stucco is generally low in maintenance. But like any other building material, stucco is not immune to wear and tear. Over time, it may develop issues that require prompt attention.
- Fading and discoloration – As stucco ages, its color fades. To keep it fresh and new, clean your stucco surface and make the necessary repairs before applying a fresh coat of paint.
- Mold and mildew – Stucco is a porous material that absorbs a lot of moisture. Its porosity leads to various problems like mold and mildew, which thrive in damp environments. Several ways to protect your stucco walls from moisture include sealing, waterproofing, and waterproof sheathing.
- Cracks – Cracks are another common issue affecting stucco surfaces. To keep stucco surfaces from cracking, make sure that the composition and application of stucco to walls are done correctly. But if there are minor cracks, you can get by by applying masonry caulk. Stucco replacement is the best and most recommended solution for bigger and more obvious cracks.
Our stucco repair and painting services
Custom Painting, Inc. offers a range of services in commercial stucco repair and paint, including:
- Stucco repair for cracks, holes, and other types of damage– Filling in cracks and holes of varying sizes and degrees (from hairline to diagonal cracks) with masonry caulk or stucco compound.
- Stucco restoration and refurbishment – We also offer a stucco restoration and refurbishment process, which may include stucco replacement.
- Exterior stucco painting and repainting – Painting and repainting services that extend stucco’s useful life and a refreshed curb appeal for your home.
- Surface preparation and priming – Cleaning, preparation, and priming that provide proper adhesion for the topcoat, ensuring a quality finish.
- Color and finish options – Depending on the size and function of the work area, stucco can be painted or tinted. From classic neutrals to bold colors, stucco will take any color, adding to its versatility. While any paint finish can be applied to stucco, flat finishes are the most commonly used paint finish.
Our repair and painting process
- Assessment – Our crew assesses the condition of your building’s stucco surface by identifying areas of wear and tear, discoloration, etc., to help them determine the necessary repairs, preparation, and paint steps.
- Stucco Preparation – We will prepare the workspace by protecting lawns, bushes, hedges, flower beds, decks, furniture, floors, and other surfaces from paint.
- Stucco Repair – Depending on the severity of the damage, repairing stucco can be done in two ways:
- Stucco repair for cracks, holes, and damage – Filling in cracks and holes of varying sizes and degrees (from hairline to diagonal cracks) with masonry caulk or stucco compound.
- Stucco restoration and refurbishment – Seamless restoration and refurbishment process may include stucco replacement.
- Painting – For stucco, we typically use 100% acrylic latex paint. Acrylic paints’ durability and flexibility will maximize stucco’s breathability. We usually spray paint on stucco first, then roll it with a regular paint roller to ensure complete paint coverage. Then, we inspect the newly painted surface to ensure all areas are covered with paint. If there are any missed spots, we repeat the process of spraying paint and then back-rolling it.
Why choose our services?
Custom Painting, Inc. is a licensed and insured full-service painting company that has over 40 years of experience in providing painting and other related services to homes and businesses in the Bay Area. We are committed to using high-quality materials and tried-and-true techniques to ensure a quality finish in every paint job we tackle.
We have worked with every type of surface and building materials, including stucco. Whatever issues your stucco walls have, we will come up with cost-effective but reliable solutions to keep your stucco walls protected and looking great for years to come.
Since Custom Painting, Inc. started in this business, customer satisfaction has always been a number one priority. We have built our reputation on it. We always provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our services.
Get your house painted in Concord, CA, from trusted local professionals! If you’re looking for commercial stucco repair and paint or other services such as interior and exterior painting, acoustic ceiling removal, ceiling repairs, custom crown molding installation, etc., get in touch with Custom Painting, Inc. Pick up the phone and dial our number – 925-795-0903. Or visit our website and send us a message.