Whether you’re building a new commercial property or renovating an existing one, a fresh coat of paint on your metal doors can help protect them from external elements, restore their original appearance, and boost your commercial property’s curb appeal. Painting metal doors is an important part of maintaining the appearance of a commercial building in Concord, CA.
Metal doors are known for their strength and durability. However, they are also prone to rust. The combination of air and moisture exposure causes rust to develop on several metal doors. But as long as the damage has not become too great or severe, they can be repainted instead of replaced with a new metal door. Commercial painters in Concord, CA, can repaint metal doors and restore them to their original condition and aesthetic appearance. Needless to say, it is a more cost-effective alternative to door replacement.
We have an experienced, licensed, and insured paint crew who have worked with many types of surfaces, including rusty metals. When it comes to painting rusty metal doors, they use the correct paints, tools, and techniques to remove all rust, leaving the surfaces smooth and clean for painting.
Custom Painting, Inc.’s Services
Our crew does the following process steps of painting a rusted metal door:
- Remove the door and door hardware.
- Scrape the old rust from the door’s surface and sand off the remaining dust.
- Prepare the door’s surface by cleaning and applying a rust-inhibiting primer.
- Apply paint on the door’s newly cleaned and prepared surface. We use paints only formulated for metal surfaces.
- Place the newly painted door back in place.
- Do the clean-up and disposal.
- Conduct the final inspection.
Custom Painting works on different types of metal doors, including:
- Stainless steel
- Galvanized steel
- Wrought iron
- Bronze, etc.
It’s not just exterior metal doors that our crew works on. We also deal with other metal surfaces, including:
- Interior metal doors (such as hollow metal doors in commercial kitchens)
- Commercial garage doors
- Metal fences
- Metal gates
- Metal grills for windows, etc.
Rolling and spraying are the common application methods when painting metal doors. However, spraying is a more preferred method. It is a quicker way of applying paint to metal surfaces and gives them a smooth, uniform, and durable finish.
We usually use water-based paints for interior metal doors. But in the case of exterior metal doors, garage doors, gates, and metal fences, we use oil-based or alkyd paints as they can help protect these surfaces from the outdoor elements that can cause corrosion.
Reasons for painting rusty metal doors
Painting rusty metal doors is important for several reasons, each contributing to both the longevity of the door and its aesthetic appeal. Here’s why you should consider painting rusty metal doors:
- Corrosion protection – Rust is a form of corrosion that occurs when metal is exposed to oxygen and moisture. If not treated, rust can spread and weaken the metal. Painting provides a protective barrier that prevents further exposure to these elements, thereby slowing down or stopping the corrosion process.
- Durability – A well-applied coat of paint can significantly extend the life of metal doors by protecting against wear and tear from environmental factors. This means less maintenance and replacement costs over time.
- Aesthetics – Rusty metal doors can be unsightly. A fresh coat of paint can dramatically improve the appearance of a door, boosting the overall look of the property. Paint allows for customization in terms of color and finish, enabling doors to complement or enhance a building’s design.
- Property value – The condition of external doors can influence the perceived value of a property. Well-maintained and freshly painted doors suggest that the property is well cared for, potentially increasing its market value or appeal to buyers or tenants.
- Sealant properties – Some paints have sealant properties that help seal small cracks or gaps in the door, offering additional protection against water ingress and further rusting.
- Health and safety – In some cases, rusty metal could pose a health risk due to tetanus if someone were to cut themselves on the rusty metal. Painting over it can help mitigate this risk by covering sharp, rusted edges.
Preparation is the key to paint job success
Before painting a rusty metal door, it’s essential to prepare the surface properly. This often involves removing loose rust with a wire brush or sandpaper, cleaning the surface, applying a rust-inhibiting primer, and then painting with suitable paint for metal surfaces. Skipping these preparation steps can lead to poor paint adhesion and might not stop the rusting process effectively.
Why choose us?
If your metal doors have rust or other surface issues, Custom Painting, Inc. will use economical but effective and long-lasting solutions to keep your metal walls free of rust and protected from the elements that can cause corrosion. Your metal doors will look fantastic for many years to come!
Choosing a reputable painting contractor involves several steps to ensure you get quality service, value for your money, and a satisfying outcome for your painting project. Custom Painting, Inc. is a licensed and insured paint company serving the Concord and Bay Area for over 40 years. With years of experience, a team of skilled paint and construction experts, and positive customer feedback and testimonials to be proud of, we ensure the highest quality in our work and satisfaction for our residential and commercial clients!
Contact us today!
If your metal doors need a new coat of paint for a fresh and rust-free appearance, reach out to a friendly team of the best painters in Concord, CA, at Custom Painting, Inc. Get in touch with us at 925-294-0903 or send us a message to request a free estimate.